Woodford Reserve unveiled this week the 2015 edition of its beloved $1,000 Mint Julep Cup available at the Kentucky Derby and benefiting the Wounded Warrior Equestrian Program. Now in its 10th year, the 2015 iteration was designed in partnership with fashion designer Billy Reid® and mixologist Pamela Wiznitzer, resulting in a mint julep that’s distinctly modern.
The signature mint julep cups were designed by Billy Reid and handcrafted at Louisville-based jeweler From the Vault. The cups pay tribute to Derbies past, while at the same time looking to the future of this iconic event.
Consumers ages 21 years and older can log on to www.woodfordreservemintjulep.com to purchase one of the Victory Cups or Winner’s Circle Cups. Each cup is presented in an oak box designed by Nashville-woodworker Christian Fecht, and lined with a custom silk fabric designed by the Alabama-based lifestyle brand Billy Reid. Online sale closes on April 30, 2015, at 12:00 p.m. E.T.
Making mint juleps for an upcoming Derby party? Here’s the Woodford Reserve 2015 Kentucky Derby mint julep recipe. It’s a mint julep with a twist.
Woodford Reserve® 2015 Kentucky Derby® Mint Julep
- 2 oz Woodford Reserve Double Oaked
- .75 oz Coconut Palm Sugar Syrup
- 6-8 Chocolate Mint Sprigs
- Candied Orange and Lemon Slices for garnish
- Powdered SugarCombine ingredients and shake with the mint. In the Julep glass, place 3 sprigs of the mint at the bottom and top with crushed ice. Strain over crushed ice into a julep glass, insert metal spoon straw. Top it with a mint sprig and candied orange/lemon slice and powdered sugar.