This spider might be too cute to be scary but it’s not too cute to eat. Every Halloween I love sharing a fun seasonal recipe that you’ll enjoy making for the little (or big) goblins in your family. I’m making for a neighborhood Halloween party with kids of all ages in attendance. Just make a shopping list for everything you’ll need to assembly and then watch them crawl off the plate Halloween night. I found the REESE’S Peanut Butter Pumpkins at my neighborhood Publix supermarket.
REESE’S Peanut Butter Pumpkin Spider
- REESE’S Peanut Butter Pumpkins (1.2 oz. ea.)
- Large pretzel twists (2-1/2 to 3 in.)
- 1/4 cup HERSHEY’S Milk Chocolate Chips, HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips or HERSHEY’S Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips*
- White YORK PIECES Candies
- Line tray or cookie sheet with waxed paper. Remove wrappers from desired number of peanut butter pumpkins. For each spider, cut 8 matching curved sections from pretzels which will form the legs. Set aside remaining pretzels pieces.
- Place milk chocolate chips in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir. If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 10 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until chips are melted and smooth when stirred. Transfer to small heavy duty plastic food storage bag. Cut off one corner of bag about 1/4 inch from the tip.
- For each spider, place peanut butter pumpkin on prepared tray. Attach pretzel legs and white candy “eyes” to spider with melted chocolate; place dot of melted chocolate on each eye. Allow chocolate to set before moving spiders.
* This amount of chocolate will make about 8 spiders.
REESE’S, HERSHEY’S, HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK, and YORK PIECES are registered trademarks. Recipe courtesy of the Hershey Kitchens, and reprinted with permission of The Hershey Company.
© The Hershey CompanyTweet